June 21st, 2020 by Zachary Shahan
An article from a couple of weeks ago, “This Stunning Chart Shows Why Battery Electric Vehicles Win,” somehow actually led in terms of eyeballs last week, but since it wasn’t published last week, it’s not included in this top 20 list. (Good to see that it got so much love, though.)
The biggest CleanTechnica stories published last week included an amazingly insightful (as confirmed by VW execs) view into German auto giant Volkswagen, a coming update to Tesla Autopilot/FSD that will have the cars drive through green lights on their own (confirmed by Elon Musk in a tweet responding to the article), and the burgeoning renewable energy revolution. For more, scroll through the full top 20 list and click on all the links! (Or at least 3 of them.)
- There Will Be Blood — Peter Mertens, Former Head of Audi R&D: “We All Did Sleep”
- Tesla To Drop Autopilot’s Green Light Confirmation In Coming Software Update — Confirmed
- The Tide Is Turning (And Is It Ever!)
- Tesla Autopilot Is Better Than You Think (Video)
- Evoy Developing 150 hp Electric Outboard Motor With Hurtigruten & Frydenbø
- Tesla Powerwall Saves The Day In SCE Power Outage
- Tesla Model 3 Undisputed Leader In China — EV Sales Report
- Tesla Has Top Range In World’s Longest EV Range Test
- Air-Powered Energy Storage Knocks Out Coal & Gas — Wait, What?
- Is The Volvo/Geely Bromance On The Rocks?
- Comparing Volkswagen ID.3 to Tesla Model 3 — Prices, Range, Features
- Zimbabwe Is Literally Burning Its Hard-Earned Foreign Currency!
- Volkswagen, Where Are You Going? — this is a sequel to #1 on this list, and I think might be even more fascinating, and was confirmed as surprisingly precise by a top VW insider.
- Volkswagen Software & EV Transition — Updates From Execs
- Tesla Model Y Review From Owner Of Full Tesla S-3-X-Y Lineup
- BMW iX3 — Is It All We Dreamt For?
- Tesla Cameras Now Help You Avoid Curb Rash! (Software Update Coming)
- Forget “Tesla Killers,” This Renault K-ZE Could Be An ICE Killer!
- Australia’s Renewable Energy Plan Will Require Lots Of Energy Storage. Siemens Wants To Help.
- You Can Now Order A Volkswagen ID.3
It was clear which automakers topped the news here last week. Volkswagen had 5 stories in the top 20 (not entirely for good reasons) and Tesla had 8 stories in the top 20 (a rather typical showing). I happen to own shares in both companies — because I think they have potential to lead the industry in the coming decade as it transitions to fully electric vehicles at a much greater pace. That said, Volkswagen has been making me nervous lately, and I definitely do not provide any stock market recommendations!
We have some more fun pieces on the Volkswagen ID.3 coming in the next week, and Tesla is sure to generate quite a bit of news as usual. Stay tuned, and don’t forget to share our links with friends so that more people are up to date with the hottest trends in the cleantech world!
Latest CleanTechnica.TV Show
Advertisement from Google: